Langsun tungsten carbide is a professional Tungsten Carbide Spray manufacturer. It is a process that can spray tungsten carbide on other metal materials in the way of coating, which can improve the wear resistance and other physical properties of metal materials. Let's introduce some properties of WC.
Different grades of tungsten carbide will differ in strength, rigidity and other properties, but all tungsten carbide materials belong to the basic properties listed below.
1. Strength - tungsten carbide has very high strength for hard and rigid materials. Compressive strength is higher than almost all molten or forged metals and alloys.
2. Rigidity - tungsten carbide composition is 2 to 3 times as rigid as steel, 4 to 6 times as rigid as cast iron and brass. Young's modulus is as high as 94800000 psi.
3. High resistance to deformation and deflection is a very valuable property of WC. These include spindles for precision grinding and rollers for strip or sheet metal.
4. Impact resistance - for very rigid hard materials, impact resistance is high. Tungsten carbide belongs to hardening tool steel with low hardness and high compressive strength.
5. Heat and oxidation resistance - tungsten carbide can reach about 1000 ° f in oxidation environment and 1500 ° f in non oxidation environment
6. Low temperature resistance (low temperature resistance) - tungsten carbide maintains toughness and impact strength in the low temperature range. (- 453 ° f).
7. Thermal conductivity - the range of tungsten carbide is twice that of tool steel and carbon steel.
8. Conductivity - tungsten carbide has the same range as tool steel and carbon steel.
9. Specific heat - tungsten carbide content ranges from 50% to 70% of carbon steel.
10. Weight - the specific gravity of tungsten carbide is 1-1 / 2 to 2 times that of carbon steel.
11. Thermal hardness - as the temperature rises to 1400 ° F, tungsten carbide retains most of the room temperature hardness. At 1400 ° F, some grades are equal to the hardness of the steel at room temperature.
12. Tolerances - even many surfaces of complete parts can be used in the way they come from furnaces, "sinter," such as mining or drilling blocks. In those parts requiring precise grinding accuracy, such as stamping dies, tight tolerance preforms are provided for grinding or EDM.
13. Fastening method - tungsten carbide can be fixed on other materials by any of three methods; brazing, epoxy resin bonding or mechanical method. When providing preforms for grinding or EDM, the low thermal expansion of WC must be carefully considered.
14. Friction coefficient - the tungsten carbide composition exhibits a low dry friction coefficient value compared to steel.
15. Quenching - tungsten carbide composition has excellent surface wear resistance and welding performance.
16. Corrosion resistance - special grades of corrosion resistance are close to precious metals. For many applications, conventional grades have adequate corrosion resistance conditions.
17. Wear resistance - under the conditions of wear, corrosion and wear, the wear length of tungsten carbide is 100 times that of steel. The wear resistance of WC is better than that of tool steel.
18. Surface treatment - the surface treatment of the sintered part is about 50 microinches. Using a diamond wheel for surface, cylindrical or internal grinding can produce 18 microinches or better, and can produce products as low as 4 to 8 microinches. Diamond grinding and honing can produce 2 microinches and polishing down to 1 / 2 microinches.
19. Dimensional stability - tungsten carbide does not undergo phase transformation during heating and cooling and maintains its stability indefinitely. No heat treatment is required.